Holiness to the Lord - The House of the Lord
This Laie Hawaiian temple was announced by Pres. Joseph F. Smith in 1915. It was dedicated by Pres. Heber J. Grant in 1919. This Temple was the first temple built by the LDS Church outside of the continental United States.
|There are several water features including this fountain spray throughout the grounds!|
It is located on the northeast shore of the Hawaian island of O'ahu. The temple sits on a small hill, a half-mile from the Pacific Ocean, in the town of La'ie, 35 miles from Honolulu.
|The sculpted and beautiful gardens are a bit of paradise within paradise!|
|Even behind the temple, the beauty is exquisite!|
The temple is for families, one of the greatest treasures we have in mortality. He has indicated that the greatest work we parents can do is performed in our homes, and our homes can be heaven, particularly when our marriages are sealed in the house of God. Pres. Thomas S. Monson.